POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 : Re: JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5
From: Marc Roth
Date: 18 Feb 2004 10:33:42
Message: <403385d6$1@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:08:31 +0100, Marc Roth <mar### [at] rothconsultcom> wrote:
>>"LibJPEG 6b, Copyright 1998 Thomas G. Lane"
>

> For reading?
> http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.povray.org+JPEG
you got a point there... :)

>>an alternative would be a program i can use in a batchfile to convert
>>files from bmp to jpg, if possible with low quality loss, like acdsee
>>does.
>

> IrfanView ?
i'll try this one

>>i need this because i want to make an animation with 1500 frames,
>>but at 640x480 this would need 900kb per picture, resulting in almost
>>1.5GB of files.
>

> PNG format ?
i'm not familiar with this format, i thought it was equally uncompressed

>>this would not be a problem if i were rendering on my
>>own pc, but i have to do it on another machine to which i have only slow
>>access via wlan.
i don't think that makes sense, as the connection is not only slow but
also rather buggy, too many frames would get lost... ATM i'm simply
copying the .pov file to the remote machine if i have to render
something big, start up povray, wait, and when it finishes i take some
hours to copy the resulting pictures to my pc